Friday, March 14, 2014

I Completed my 40 Book Challenge!!

I have now completed my 40 Book Challenge!!  I am so excited!  Looking back at the books that I have read, I see a huge variety of genres and titles.  I did get stuck for a while on a "survivalist" kick (Climb or Die, Peak, etc.) and then got on a "end of the world as we know it" kick (Ashes, Ashes, Empty, Eleventh Plague, etc.).  But other than that I tried to read a huge variety.  Some books were more boy oriented.  Some were geared more for girls.  I tried to read a huge range of reading levels also.  I read anywhere from 3.5 up to 6.0.  One thing I did not do was throw in a nonfiction book, but I needed to keep to my 100 page minimum.

Overall, I enjoyed this challenge.  It really kept me in tune with what my students were reading and made my job of recommending books a lot easier.  I plan to do a different challenge next year where I read at least one book from every bookcase in the library.  It will be called the Bookcase Challenge.

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment